September is Suicide Prevention Awareness Month and CrossWinds Counseling and Wellness is spreading the word about the signs of suicide. Each year, more than 41,000 individuals die by suicide and for every suicide there are 25 attempts.
Warning Signs of Someone Considering Suicide
Any one of these signs does not necessarily mean the person is considering suicide, but several of these symptoms may signal a need for help:
- Verbal suicide threats such as, “You’d be better off without me.” or “Maybe I won’t be around”
- Expressions of hopelessness and helplessness
- Previous suicide attempts
- Daring or risk-taking behavior
- Personality changes
- Giving away prized possessions
- Lack of interest in future plans
Read more about Suicide Prevention here!
If you are struggling with thoughts of suicide or know someone that is, call 620-343-2211 to make an appointment to come in and see us! We offer Individual Counseling, Marriage and Family Counseling, and Group Counseling for whatever you may be going through! Call us and let’s start the conversation today!