9:00am – 4:00pm
Diagnosis and Treatment of Social Anxiety Disorder
March 29, 2019Register
March 29, 2019
9:00am - 4:00pm
Cynthia L. Turk, Ph.D.
Learn the essentials of evidence-based cognitive behavior therapy for social anxiety disorders in a workshop that will include video segments to demonstrate aspects of the treatment
At the end of the workshop, participants will be better able to:
1. Diagnose social anxiety disorder and differentiate it from similar disorders
2. Describe the prevalence and impairment associated with the disorder
3. Conceptualize social anxiety disorder from a cognitive behavioral perspective
4. Utilize cognitive restructuring techniques
5. Implement exposure techniques
Cynthia L. Turk, PhD, received her doctoral degree in clinical psychology from Oklahoma State University in 1996. She completed a postdoctoral fellowship at the Adult Anxiety Clinic at Temple University in 2002. She is currently Professor of Psychology and Director of the Anxiety Clinic at Washburn University. She is also the president of the Southwestern Psychological Association. Dr. Turk has over 60 professional publications and over 100 professional presentations, primarily in the areas of social anxiety disorder and generalized anxiety disorder. She is a co-author of the client and therapist manuals for Managing Social Anxiety, which is part of the Treatments That Work series.