July 23rd, 2021 9:00am – 4:00pm
“The treatment of Juveniles with Sexual Behavior Problems with April R. Crable, PhD.”
he use of telemental health has been increasing over the years.
However, due to the pandemic, the use of telemental health has skyrocketed in all facets of mental health. Mental health practitioners must address the pros and cons of using telemental health with specialized treatment populations such as juvenile sex offenders. This presentation will address the challenges and benefits of using telemental to treat juvenile sex offenders. Additionally, the presenter will provide an overview of the current research regarding treatment strategies for juvenile sex offenders. The participants will gain insight into the ethical considerations for working with this population.
The objectives of this training include:
1) Gain an understanding of the two types of juvenile sex offenders
2) Improve understanding of the prevalence and characteristics of juveniles with sexual behavior problems
3) Examine the ethical implications of using telemental health with juvenile sex offenders.
4) Process the legal implications of telemental health with Juvenile Sex Offenders
5) Learn treatment strategies that are applicable for juvenile sex offenders
July 23rd, 2021 9:00am-4:00pm
July 23rd, 2021
9:00am-4:00pm (6 CEU's)