Applications Due By: Until Filled
Department: Community-Based Services
CASE MANAGER position serves as a student advocate at Emporia High School, assisting students in attaining a level of personal and social adjustment that facilitates achievement of their academic goals. Case Manager assists others in establishing a safe and orderly classroom, helps to eliminate student attendance problems, and leads collaborative teams in discussing student strengths, needs, services, and supports. This position works closely with school staff and administration, families, and community agencies to provide a successful educational experience for each student.
The Case Manager position is based in Emporia, Kansas and will report to the Community-Based Services Coordinator. Regular work hours are weekdays, with availability to work from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
This is a full-time position offering an excellent benefits package. Please see “Benefits of Full-Time Positions” for a listing of perks and fringe benefits.
Case Manager Requirements:
- Candidates must have a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, counseling, or related field.
- Possess the ability to work with children and adolescents with serious emotional disturbance.
- Possess demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to react effectively in a variety of human service situations.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must have satisfactory results from criminal history screening, DCF child abuse registry check, adult abuse registry check, and motor vehicle reports.
- A minimum of one-year work experience in the human services field is desirable.